Internet marketing has become mandatory for every business, whether offered online or offline. Aggressive internet marketing through advertisements, e-mail campaigns, social media marketing is common place now. However, over the years a lot has been changed about internet marketing. Various new trends have been established giving a whole new meaning to it. Earlier, internet marketing was confined to running email campaigns and website development.
With the advent of social media website internet marketing has become a social media oriented as they have a wide reach. Even the social media websites like Facebook, Google+ provide for creation of pages and also offer paid advertising service. One can see advertisements on the right hand side of the Facebook page. The advertisements now also feature on the wall of the users. Internet marketing is also making use of search engines for displaying ads related to the keywords searched by the user. These ads can be seen on the top of the search result page. The search engines charge for such advertisements, however, the visibility that these ads enjoy is worth the investment.
- Various new practices have been incorporated in internet market over the years.
- The contents that are presented to the consumers have also changed drastically.
Changing trends in internet marketing
Changing is inevitable and internet marketing is no exception. There is a constant evolution in the digital world and the arrival of new technology is also triggering the shift in the behaviour of the customers as the choices in front of them are expanding. As the internet along with its users is changing there is a change in the internet marketing. The most most glaring changes that cannot be ignored comprise:
- Content marketing is the supreme: Meaningful contents have been integrated with online marketing and still rule the roost. The newly adopted algorithm called the Hummingbird algorithm by Google is based on the way people talk with each other. Another feature called the across-the board secure search has also been put into place. Strong and unique contents have become all the more important for securing higher indexing on the search result page.
- Union of Social media and SEO: Sharing the contents on social media websites has become necessary as the search engines have become smart enough to filter out the most relevant content for the users. Those contents which have most shares will ultimately be returned by the search engines in the results.
- Emphasis of images along with the content: Good images make the advertisement attractive and stand out in the crowd of numerous ads that the users are presented. Images that are most relevant to the advertisement and able to relate to the users is very important.
Mobile-centric internet marketing: With the growing number of smartphone users, internet marketing ought to be mobile oriented. Various surveys suggest that the traffic from mobile phones has exceeded the traffic from laptops and desktop. Such a change in the scenario has warranted the need to optimize and redesign the internet marketing for mobile users.